Let's ignore the fact that I'm writing this after 1am on Christmas Eve. I remembered that I hadn't written a blog post before I went to sleep, so it counts as maintaining the streak, right? Right. And since it's 1am and my brain is mostly mush, here are just a few THINGS, in no particular order.
1. I'm home! Back to my parents' house for Christmas. If the place where I live now is postcard-perfect Hogsmeade-esque England, the place around my parents' house is very Wuthering Heights. Which make sense, because the Brontes were from around here. We have more horses for neighbors than people. "Oh, there's a pony in the front garden" is a thing that happens.
2. But there are no pokemon here. I mean, in the Pokemon Go sense. I wasn't expecting to encounter an actual Jigglypuff while wandering the fields. But I've gotten reobsessed with the game over the past couple of days, and now there isn't even a pidgey in sight. On the bright side, I finally evolved my Gyrados! I feel like that's my achievement for 2016.
3. Never travel with a cat. I think Hermione has forgiven me for the car journey to my parents' house. I'm not sure if I've forgiven her for the chaos. It's a good thing she's so cute.
4. My Gilmore Girls rewatch has got me to the start of Season Three. And even though the sensible, grown up part of my brain knows I shouldn't like Jess, there's still a big part of me that squees over that moment at the end of S2. And so many other Jess moments too. "You know, Ernest only has lovely things to say about you."
5. I'm so glad that I was deeply absorbed in watching Youtube for the past couple of hours (thanks, Dan and Phil and Undertale), and so didn't learn about Carrie Fisher's heart attack until it was announced she was in stable condition. I really hope she's okay. I still keep checking the news, like it might say, 'Carrie Fisher confirmed to make full recovery and live until she's 143.'
6. I am so ready to abandon all work and have a festive readathon. I'm still reading The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet, which I'm loving, and then I have a whole host of 2017 releases to dive into. No better way to end a year than getting started on all the amazing books that the next year has to offer!
7. Brainmush turning into official zombie status, so now I'm going to go pass out and hope things are good tomorrow.