The Short Bio
Rhiannon Thomas is the author of Long May She Reign and the A Wicked Thing series. She currently lives in Yorkshire, England, with her cat, Hermione.
The Bigger Picture
1. My name is Welsh, and it's pronounced Ree-ANN-un. Or Ree-ANN-non, if you're my mom.
2. I grew up in England, but I moved to the US in 2007 to go to university.
3. I have both a British accent and an American accent. When I’m in the US, talking to someone American or feeling nervous, I subconsciously switch to the accent I picked up when I lived in the US, which is apparently so convincing that some people knew me for years before they realized I wasn’t American.
4. I studied English Literature at Princeton University, specialising in female authors of the 19th century. I also studied Japanese, Latin and psychology.
5. My first fandom was Harry Potter, followed swiftly by Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Firefly, LOST, Doctor Who, and many, many, many others.
6. I spent several of my post-college years living on "the most haunted street in Britain" -- at least, according to the local tourist board.
7. The solitary writing life isn't for me, so when I'm not working on my books, I work in a nerdy comic book store.
8. When I was a teen, my favorite YA authors were Meg Cabot, Tamora Pierce and Libba Bray.
9. My favorite book of all time is The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle.
10. And finally… I'm a big fan of Dungeons and Dragons. As well as running my own games, I'm currently playing a goblin ranger called Prudence, who travels the world with her pet fox Pinecone, writing travelogues for goblinkind.